When Gus' father finds out that Cornchip Girl's father is his archenemy who works for the Navy, they aren't allowed to see each other anymore, but they decide to share a secret friendship that their fathers won't know about.
- Cornchip Girl's first name is revealed to be Theresa.
- This is the first time Gretchen's voice changing device is used; it'll be used again in Recess: School's Out.
- This episode was paired up with "Beyond a Reasonable Scout" outside the US.
- After the 9/11 attacks, this episode and the episode paired with it, "Big Ol' Mikey", didn’t air in reruns for the remainder of 2001. This was due to the later episode having scenes of buildings being destroyed. While this episode had no similar content, it couldn’t fill a thirty-minute timeslot on its' own, so it was also pulled for a while. The episode was added back to the rerun rotation in 2002.
- This episode is "Lost" from the Latin American dub.
- This is the third time Gus has stand up to a bully. The first two times were Gelman in the episodes “Gus' Last Stand” and in “Gus' Fortune”.
- The episode is a little bit similar to William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. A boy and girl who want to spend time together, but their families hate each other.
- Gus and Cornchip Girl have a similar family background. They have a father that works in a important job that has them wear uniforms and their children are kind and gentle.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Ms. Finster - April Winchell
- Cornchip Girl - Aria Noelle Curzon
- Clyde Fillmore - Ryan O'Donohue
- Gus's Dad/Voice Changer - Sam McMurray
- Cornchip Girl's Dad - Clancy Brown
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.