Somebody solves Gretchen's complicated mathematical problem during recess who turns out to be Hank the Janitor. Gretchen and Hank form a Math-letic club in the schools boiler room, much to the disinterest of the rest of the gang. Gretchen is disappointed that someone as smart as Hank is only a school janitor. The rest of the gang have a plan to try and find Hank a new job, by posting Hank's notes on the internet. Later on a university professor, the military and a scientist from NASA offer Hank a job. Hank declines all the offers stating he prefers math as just a hobby and not a job.
- Animation/continuity error: During the opening scene, while Spinelli is seen from behind, she is sitting on the first row. Once the perspective changes, she is on the second row.
- Continuity error: Randall appears in Miss Grotke's class in this episode only.
- Continuity error: Butch appears in Miss Grotke's class for one scene in this episode only, even though he is in the fifth grade.
- Animation/continuity/consistency error: Once the students enter Miss Grotke's classroom to find the solved math expression on the board, the result is not underlined. After Gretchen utters that it is solved, it appears underlined. The position on the board also varies slightly.
- In some parts of this episode, Gretchen is shown writing with her left hand, whereas in other parts, she is shown writing with her right hand, the possibility of it being a goof is low, since this is repeated too often. Thus she is ambidextrous.
- This episode is loosely based on the film, Good Will Hunting.
- T.J. claims he has a Gen X cousin Toby.
- Professor Ugelstien resembles Albert Einstein and talks like him.
- Principal Prickly is seen searching the kids desks for gum rather than buying his own.
- This episode and "One Stayed Clean" were aired exactly two years before the 9/11 attacks.
- This episode was paired up with "The Spy Who Came In from the Playground" outside the US.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Hank - Paul Dooley
- Randall Weems - Ryan O'Donohue
- Phil - Klee Bragger
- Professor Ugelstien - Tony Jay
- Army Commander - Robert Stack
- Scientist - Sam McMurray
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.