Gus overhears his parents talking about "Operation Relocation", which Gus thinks may mean that they would have to move again. This does not sit well with Gus, who decides to run away from home and move into Old Rusty the next day. He is having a hard time even hanging up a "Home Sweet Home" picture on the iron bars.
The Recess Gang then suggests some creature comforts, such as electricity, and T.J. tricks the Ashleys into helping them decorate. Gus throws a rocking party on his first night in Old Rusty, then his guests, including the rest of the gang, leave for their own parents, leaving Gus alone. Gus doesn't mind at first, but then gets a nasty scare when the electricity is turned off, and the lights in Old Rusty are turned off.
Eventually, he runs in a panic out of Old Rusty and runs into his parents, which were called by T.J. who was worried about him, and Gus then explains why he ran away. His father then tells him that Operation Relocation was merely meaning that Gus would move into a bigger bedroom. The Griswald's then go home, and T.J. also goes home, smiling.
- Animation/continuity error: When the gang goes to meet Gus for the first time in the episode, all members except Gus are beside each other. While Spinelli and Vince are shown talking for a scene, the other members disappear. After perspective changes, the other members reappear.
- Animation/continuity error: In the beginning of the episode, T.J. is shown with highlights in his eyes for the first time since season one, not counting merchandise.
- Coloring/continuity error: When a kid approaches Gus in the cafeteria and then starts crying, this kid's lips flash in another color during the scene. This happens twice.
- Animation/continuity error: While the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria and Mikey exclaims that "this is sad", there is a cup in front of him. After T.J. talks, there is no cup in front of Mikey.
- Animation/continuity error: While the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria, Gretchen grabs the calculator by holding on top of its display. After she flips the calculator upside down, its display is still facing up.
- Animation/continuity/consistency error: While the gang is sitting by the table at the cafeteria, and Gretchen is talking to Mikey while she is holding the calculator, there are empty trays on the table. After Gus says he is not going to move, Gretchen, Mikey and the trays reappear; at this moment, the trays are not empty anymore.
- Animation/consistency error: While the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria, specifically while Gus is saying he is not going to move; his watch has no display and has a different shape.
- Animation/consistency error: While the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria, specifically while Gus is saying he is not going to move; Gretchen has no head and no neck, only a single pigtail.
- Animation/consistency/continuity error: While Gus and the rest of the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria, there are milk cartons on the table. Once Gus stands up, there are no cartons on the table. The placement of trays also vary.
- Animation/consistency/continuity error: While Gus and the rest of the gang are sitting by the table at the cafeteria, the aerial view shows their table beside the serving table. After Gus gets on the table, they are beside the wall instead. The position of the staircase also changes.
- Coloring/continuity error: While Gus is standing on the table at the cafeteria and the scene is changed to show Spinelli talking to him, the table is colored in the floor's color.
- Coloring/continuity error: When Gus is talking to the Ashleys during his party, Megan is drawn as a recolor of Spinelli.
- Animation/dialogue error: When Ashley B. says, "Right hand mauve" when she and the other Ashleys are playing Twister, Guru Kid places his right hand on yellow. This may or may not have been done on purpose.
- Consistency/animation/dialogue error: When the Ashleys are playing Twister, Ashley B. calls out "left hand mauve", yet the spinner landed on yellow.
- Animation/continuity/consistency error: When Gus is chatting with the Ashleys, there are two Ashley B.'s in the same frame.
- Coloring/continuity error: When the Diggers first appear in this episode, both boys are blonde.
- Animation/continuity error: When the gang are wondering where Gus is the next day, Butch's streak on his hair is missing.
- Animation/consistency error: When the gang are sitting in class, the girl with long blonde hair and the light blue t-shirt with a heart on it is sitting in their classroom. However, in the episode "King Gus", it is established that she is a second grader.
- Animation/continuity/consistency error: When the Ashleys first arrive at Gus' new home under Old Rusty, Ashley A. is wearing her backpack. When she begins to speak to the gang, her backpack is missing. When T.J. suggests that they help them decorate, her backpack is back, and when the girls walk inside, her backpack is missing again. Then when Ashley A. makes a few suggestions, her backpack is back.
- Coloring/continuity error: When Gretchen was coming up with joke, Tracey's hair is violet.
- Coloring/continuity error: When Ashley A. begins to speak to the gang after the Ashleys first arrive at Gus' new home under Old Rusty, Ashley T.'s collar and skirt are darker than usual.
- Animation/continuity error: When The Recess Gang saw Gus wearing a different outfit for the first time, Spinelli's nostrils are drawn.
- Animation/consistency error: When Vince says that he has to "leave before the streetlights come on", the lights come on before he left.
- Owl from Disney's Winnie the Pooh franchise makes a cameo appearance.
- This episode is similar to the Doug episode, "Doug Says Goodbye", where Skeeter thinks he is moving and ends up trying to live with Doug, until he finds out that he was only going to be moving to a new bedroom.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Lt. Griswald - Sam McMurray
- Madge Griswald - April Winchell
- Guru Kid/Sam/Kid #1 - Klee Bragger
- Dave/Willy/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Cornchip Girl - Aria Noelle Curzon
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Boulet/Swinger Girl - Francesca Smith
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Hustler Kid - Michael Shulman
- Dwayne - Adam Wylie