Gretchen gets annoyed that she cannot find a sport she is good at so she tries multiple things and eventually finds a sport she turns out to be one of the best at.
The episode starts on the playground with Gretchen playing games like a normal kid, doing badly in them, being one of the smartest children in the school it is expected to some degree.
After some mocking by the Ashleys, she noticed that someone was playing with a yo-yo, a device that you pull up and down by the strings. Gretchen later does her various training with her yo-yo's, and her trainer, Tommy Tate, helped her to achieve her skill.
At the end of the episode, she competes in a competition against one of the most feared yo-yo players in the city. But does she come out ahead?
- Spring 1998
- After "The Game"
- Coloring/consistency error: When Gretchen falls to the ground after trying to swing, the ground is initially faint yellow, but it suddenly turns to gray while she is looking at the boy with the yo-yo.
- Animation/continuity error: While Gretchen firstly admires the trainer's trophies, there is no glass in front of them. In the next scene, there is a reflexive glass, which is visible while the lighting and Gretchen's face are reflected.
- Animation/consistency error: While Gretchen is answering Miss Grotke's question [incorrectly] in class, Gretchen's eyebrows invert position abruptly.
- Animation/continuity/consistency error: During the yo-yo competition scene, some audiences either move seats, replace one of them, or do both due to amount of audience watching it.
- Animation/continuity error: When Spinelli says "You watching the same expo we're watching", her eyebrows are thicker than usual.
- Animation/consistency error: When Miss Yo-Yo is giving a trophy to Gretchen, she is shown wearing a red bikini with high heels. However, this is considered inappropriate for a kid-friendly competition since the bikini she is wearing is too revealing.
- This episode (along with "The Substitute", the episode it was paired with) premiered on Halloween. However, it has nothing to do with the holiday.
- Gretchen is showed the most in this episode with every other character being an additional face to keep the plot running at a sensible pace.
- The German-Sheppard dog from "Mama's Girl" appeared again in this episode.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Swinger Girl/Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Phil/Kid #2 - Klee Bragger
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Tommy Tate - Brian Doyle-Murray
- Alex Lorall - Warren Sroka
- Announcer - Gregg Berger
- Kid #1/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue