Mayor Phillip Fitzhugh is the town mayor.
A stereotypical corrupt politician, Fitzhugh's actions are always motivated by a desire for re-election rather than any real ideology.
He shows a marked disinterest in the children of constituents and quite willing to lend his support to harsh punishments, even to the point of hypocrisy (as seen in "The Biggest Trouble Ever"), where he tried to severely punish the gang for climbing on the statue of Thaddeus T. Third III until he was shamed by Thaddeus T. Third V who showed the town an old photo of him as a child trying to deliberately break the statue by pushing it over.
Fitzhugh has grey hair and a pointy nose, a presumably deliberate visual reference to Richard Nixon. He regularly dresses in a blue suit with a white shirt and red tie.
- Mayor Fitzhugh (along with Dr. Slicer, Tad White, and Dr. Benedict) is one of the more villainous antagonists to have appeared, especially since he tried separating the main six by forcing them to transfer to six different schools.
- Mayor Fitzhugh's first name is Phillip.
- He was voiced by Ronnie Schell.
- Mayor Fitzhugh also threatened to sue the gang when they ask him about their playground balls.
- Since Mayor Fitzhugh was in fourth grade in the year 1956, it can be inferred that, as of the setting of this show (1997-98), he is about fifty years old (and therefore about the same age as Principal Prickly).