Menlo is obsessed with organization. He lives by his planner, and disdains people who are disorganized. He is good with the filing system and spends most of his time inside the office, rarely going outside to recess as he's too busy. Menlo was originally a bad student raging havoc at recess, but his personality changed permanently after he was "randomly chosen" as the 'Principal for a day'.
Menlo is friendly with Randall, though they don't do much together. They took over the playground in the episode "Partners in Crime". He was with Menlo in Lawson's Crew in the episode "Lawson and his Crew". Randall was also at Menlo's birthday party.
Although Menlo is sometimes an antagonist to the main characters, he‘s normally a decent character. He was also the best friend of T.J. back when they were four-years-old. T.J. still attends Menlo's birthday party every year. He does so because Menlo felt sad at seeing their friendship die, so T.J. promised he would go to his birthday party every year no matter what.
Menlo wears a light blue button-down shirt with a blue and red striped clip-on necktie to school. He wears black glasses and has short brown hair.
- It is unknown if Menlo is his first name or last name. In the Spanish dub, his first name is Taylor, making it his last name, however, this is never brought up in the original version nor other dubs.
- Menlo lives in a neighborhood of cookie-cutter houses, and held a cowboy-themed birthday party in his back yard.
- In "The Ratings Game", he was rated 3 by the Ashleys.
- Menlo likes to play battle tag and is "not half bad" but he rather stays in the office.
- Menlo is one of the few students to never appear in Recess: School's Out.
- In "Lawson and his Crew", Menlo was the Gretchen of Lawson's Crew.
- He can be strict sometimes, even with organization.
- He attempted to get Mikey to embrace his life or "perfect organization."
- He said that the members of the gang do not have any structure and that their lives are in disarray.
- When he is in the office he doesn't allow students go behind the yellow line as it was a staff only space.
- Menlo has an uncle as mentioned by Vince in "Economics of Recess".
- It was revealed in "Some Friend", that Menlo and T.J. were friends since preschool as he came to his birthday parties, but only one time has T.J. missed his birthday party because he lost interest, but T.J. promised to go to his birthday party every year no matter what happens and T.J. has kept his word ever since.
- In "Officer Mikey" and "Partners in Crime", it is revealed that Menlo has a crush on Ashley A.
|The Recess Wiki has a collection of images about Menlo|
Characters: T.J. Detweiler | Vince LaSalle | Ashley Spinelli | Mikey Blumberg | Gretchen Grundler | Gus Griswald | Captain Bradley | Cornchip Girl | The Diggers | Hustler Kid | Erwin Lawson | Miss Grotke | Muriel Finster | Becky Detweiler | Dr. Phillium Benedict | Menlo | Brock | Peter Prickly | Bald Guy | Butch | Ashley Armbruster | Ashley Boulet | Ashley Quinlan | Ashley Tomassian | Fenwick | Brandon the Singer | Gelman | King Bob | Chucko | Jocko | Randall Weems | King Freddy II | Chewy | Spencer | Swinger Girl | Upside-Down Girl | Gordy | Hector | Miss Lemon | Lunchlady Irma | Tubby | Jordan & Jerome | Flo Spinelli | Bob Spinelli | Guru Kid