Menlo is obsessed with organization. He lives by his planner, and disdains people who are not organized. He is good with the filing system and spends most of his time inside the office, rarely going outside to playground as he's too busy. Menlo was initially a bad student raging havoc at the playground, but his personality changed permanently after he was "randomly chosen" as the 'principal for a day'.
Menlo is friendly with Randall, though they never do much together. They took over the playground in the episode "Partners in Crime". He was with Menlo in Lawson's Crew in the episode "Lawson and his Crew". Randall was also at Menlo's birthday party.
Although in some ways, Menlo is an antagonist to the main characters, he‘s generally a decent character. He also was the best friend of T.J. back when they were 4 years old. T.J. still attends Menlo's birthday party for years. He does so because Menlo felt unhappy at seeing their friendship ended, so T.J. promised he would go to his birthday party for years no matter what.
At school, Menlo wears a pair of nerd glasses, a sky blue dress shirt with a blue and red striped tie alongside blue jeans. On this picture of his birthday party alongside T.J., he wears a blue and red striped shirt that reveals his stomach. His hair is brown, straight and short.
- It is unknown if Menlo is his first name or last name.
- In the Latin Spanish dub, his first name is Taylor, making it his last name, however, this is neither brought up in the original version nor different dubs. In the later version of this dub, he is named Menlo until the series finale.
- Menlo lives in a neighborhood of a indistinctive household, and held a Western-themed birthday party in his backyard.
- In "The Ratings Game", he was rated "3" by the Ashleys.
- Menlo likes to play battle tag and is "not half bad" but he rather stays in the office.
- Menlo is one of the few students alongside Cornchip Girl do not appear in the movie.
- In "Lawson and his Crew", Menlo was the Gretchen of Lawson's Crew.
- For some reasons, He can be strict, even with organization.
- He attempted to get Mikey to embrace his life or "perfect organization."
- He explained that the members of the gang do not have any structure and that their lives are in disarray.
- When he is in the office he does to ban students go behind the yellow line as it was a staff only space.
- Menlo has an uncle as mentioned by Vince in "Economics of Recess".
- It was revealed in "Some Friend", that Menlo and T.J. were friends since preschool as he came to his birthday parties, but only one time has T.J. missed his birthday party due to his lost interest, but T.J. promised to go to his birthday party for years no matter what happens and T.J. has kept his word ever since.
- In "Officer Mikey" and "Partners in Crime", it is revealed that Menlo has a crush on Ashley A.
|The Recess Wiki has a collection of images about Menlo|
Characters: T.J. Detweiler | Vince LaSalle | Ashley Spinelli | Mikey Blumberg | Gretchen Grundler | Gus Griswald | Captain Bradley | Cornchip Girl | The Diggers | Hustler Kid | Erwin Lawson | Miss Grotke | Muriel Finster | Becky Detweiler | Dr. Phillium Benedict | Menlo | Brock | Peter Prickly | Bald Guy | Butch | Ashley Armbruster | Ashley Boulet | Ashley Quinlan | Ashley Tomassian | Fenwick | Brandon the Singer | Gelman | King Bob | Chucko | Jocko | Randall Weems | King Freddy II | Chewy | Spencer | Swinger Girl | Upside-Down Girl | Gordy | Hector | Miss Lemon | Lunchlady Irma | Tubby | Jordan & Jerome | Flo Spinelli | Bob Spinelli | Guru Kid