The School is going on a field trip, but T.J.'s class bus breaks down, leaving them stranded.
The episode starts with Miss Finster initiating "Operation Field Trip." Before leaving for MAZZOI, Bertha is upset about her beloved bus Old Smokey being reduced to recycled metal after this field trip.
As the students leave for MAZZOI, Miss Grotke leads them in singing "This Old Man" ad nauseam until Old Smokey breaks down, leaving those inside stranded by an abandoned farm.
While Bertha is moping about her situation, and Miss Grotke is trying to calm her down, the kids decide to make Bertha happy by fixing her bus (and then some).
- Menlo is voiced by Ryan O'Donohue in this episode instead of Blake Ewing.
- Sam, Dave and Menlo are all in the same class bus as T.J. and the gang, however, they're not in their class.
- "Take'm to MAZZOI" is a refrence to the 1948 western film, Red River.
- In the conversation between Bertha and Grotke in the beginning of the episode. "They are retiring old Smokey!" "The Bear?" "No, The Bus." 'The bear' refers to Smokey Bear, an NPO that spreads awareness about wildfires.
- "Well it may be too late to get to MAZZOI but what do say we take the long way home?" is a possible reference to the 1979 hit single "Take the Long Way Home" by English rock band Supertramp.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Ricky D'Shon Colins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segal-Aldon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Bertha/Miss Lemon/Bus Driver #2 - Tress MacNeille
- Randall Weemes/Dave/Menlo/Kid #1/Kid #2/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Ashley Armbruster/Kid #4 - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinland - Rachel Crane
- Matt/Bus Driver #1 - Sam McMurray
- Big Daddy/Bus Driver #3 - Paul Wilson
- Kid #5 - Klee Bragger