The episode starts with Miss Finster initiating "Operation Field Trip". Before leaving for MISOOE (Museum of Industry, Science, Oceanography, Oddities, and Energy), Bertha is upset about her beloved bus Old Smokey being reduced to recycled metal after this field trip.
As the students leave for MISOOE, Miss Grotke leads them in singing "This Old Man" ad nauseam until Old Smokey breaks down, leaving those inside stranded by an abandoned farm.
While Bertha is moping about her situation, and Miss Grotke is trying to calm her down, the kids decide to make Bertha happy by fixing her bus (and then some).
- Animation/consistency error: Sam, Dave, and Menlo are all in the same class bus as T.J. and the gang, however, they are not in their class.
- In the conversation between Bertha and Grotke in the beginning of the episode, 'The bear' refers to Smokey Bear, an NPO that spreads awareness about wildfires.
- "Take'm to MISOOE" is a reference to the 1948 western film, Red River.
- "Well it may be too late to get to MISOOE but what do say we take the long way home?" is a possible reference to the 1979 hit single "Take the Long Way Home" by English rock band Supertramp.
- A couple clips of this episode were included in Disney Channel Middle East's "Power, Strength, Brains, Gum Ball" promo.
- In the French dub, the bus is called "Winnie" instead of "Smokey", since Winnie-the-Pooh, as "Winnie l'Ourson", is more widely-known in France than Smokey the Bear.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Bertha/Miss Lemon/Bus Driver #2 - Tress MacNeille
- Randall Weems/Dave/Menlo/Kid #1/Kid #2/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Ashley Armbruster/Kid #4 - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Matt/Bus Driver #1 - Sam McMurray
- Big Daddy/Bus Driver #3 - Paul Willson
- Kid #5 - Klee Bragger