It’s Randall‘s birthday and his father tells him that he is coming to Third Street School to surprise him and his friends but doesn‘t know that Randall is unpopular due to his reputation as the school snitch. Randall convinces T.J., Spinelli, Mikey, Gretchen, Vince, and Gus to pretend to be his best friends for the rest of his birthday. But they’re reluctant to after all the times he is gotten them in trouble with Miss Finster but they decide to go along with the lie until his father leaves and his birthday is over. During recess, Miss Finster finds a school notice of T.J. throwing Principal Prickly’s sandals on top of the school roof and sends him to detention. The rest of the gang along with Randall comes up with a scheme to let T.J. out of detention. All goes according to plan until Mr. Weems catches them with the typed up phony letter and tells Miss Finster on them. Miss Finster tells Randall that she is very disappointed in him but decides to let him off with a warning because it’s his birthday. Randall apologizes to his father for lying to him and he tells him that when he was Randall’s age that he was unpopular just like him. The episode ends with them walking home.
- Animation/continuity error: When the gang members get out of the bus to find Randall waiting for them, T.J. is initially in front of them. Once perspective changes to show them approaching Randall, T.J. is missing.
- According to this episode, Randall has a crush on Spinelli.
- It is unknown why Randall's birthday would be celebrated in Miss Grotke's class when he is not even in her class. However it is likely that Randall’s Dad might have known they were in the other class and specifically arranged to have cupcakes for her class due to believing the Recess gang were Randall’s friends. After mall he was able to arrange to have a bounce which for appearently the whole school.
- Miss Finster stated Randall had a flawless record, despite the food fight he caused in "Tattletale Heart".
- It is implied that Leonard Weems was Miss Finster’s assistant when he was Randall's age because he told her what he and the gang did.
- How Randall’s Dad was able to arrange the bounce hall is unknown but it could due to maybe having a good connection with Miss Finster and Principal Prickly that they allowed him to have it. Which is ironic since Miss Finster dislikes fun.
- This episode marks the second and final appearance of Leonard Weems.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Randall Weems - Ryan O'Donohue
- Miss Lemon/Randall's Mother - Tress MacNeille
- Leonard Weems - David Lander