- According to this episode, Randall has a crush on Spinelli.
- It's unknown why Randall's birthday would be celebrated in Miss Grotke's class when he's not even in her class.
- This episode marks the second and final appearance of Leonard Weems.
- Miss Finster stated Randall had a flawless record, despite the food fight he caused a few episodes ago.
- It’s implied that Leonard Weems was Miss. Finster’s assistant when he was Randall’s age because he told her what he and the gang did.
It’s Randall‘s birthday and his father tells him that he's coming to Third Street School to surprise him and his friends but dosen‘t know that Randall is unpopular due to his reputation as the school snitch. Randall convinces T.J., Spinelli, Mikey, Gretchen, Vince and Gus to pretend to be his best friends for the rest of his birthday. But they’re reluctant to after all the times he’s gotten them in trouble with Miss Finster but they decide to go along with the lie until his father leaves and his birthday is over. During recess, Miss Finster finds a school notice of T.J. throwing Principal Prickly’s sandals on top of the school roof and sends him to detention. The rest of the gang along with Randall comes up with a scheme to let T.J. out of detention. All goes according to plan until Mr.Weems catches them with the typed up phony letter and tells Miss Finster on them. Miss Finster tells Randall that she’s very disappointed in him but decides to let him off with a warning because it’s his birthday. Randall apologizes to his father for lying to him and he tells him that when he was Randall’s age that he was unpopular just like him. The episode ends with them walking home.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Ricky D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Randall Weems - Ryan O'Donohue
- Miss Lemon/Randall's Mom - Tress MacNeille
- Leonard Weems - David Lander