When Gus' father finds out that Cornchip Girl's father is his archenemy who works for the Navy, they are not allowed to see each other anymore, but they decide to share a secret friendship that their fathers will not know about.
- Animation error: During the opening scene, the gang members are shown sitting beside a table at the cafeteria. However, Gus and Gretchen are sitting beyond the length of the table and the bench, giving the impression that they are floating behind the table.
- Animation/consistency error: During the opening scene, there is a sign behind Mikey at the cafeteria. Once the perspective focuses on Vince and Gretchen, a platform appears above the sign.
- Animation/consistency error: While Vince and Gretchen are talking at the cafeteria, there is a green sign behind them. After T.J. shows his dish with the word "Whomps" written, which causes Mikey, Vince, and Gretchen to laugh, the sign is missing.
- Animation/consistency error: When Spinelli beats the dish, it starts cracking before she hits it.
- Animation/continuity error: Right before Gus gets up from the cafeteria bench, there are three kids sitting behind him. Once he gets up, there is only one girl alone.
- Animation error: While Gus is shocked for seeing that Clyde fell down after being pushed, his watch is drawn upside down.
- Animation error: When Spinelli is sipping her drink at Kelso's, her lips are not drawn.
- Animation error: While Gretchen is sipping her drink at Kelso's, her overbite is missing.
- Animation/continuity error: While Gus is talking to the rest of the gang at Kelso's, he has no drink. Once the rest of the gang stands up, Gus is seen sipping his drink.
- Animation/continuity error: When the gang members are drinking at Kelso's, the levels of the drinks inside the glasses increase significantly after they stop drinking.
- Animation/continuity error: After Gus receives the ice cream and notices Cornchip Girl is also at Kelso's, his right arm is initially behind the ice cream. Once he starts talking, both of his arms appear in front of the ice cream.
- Naming error: On Disney+, the title is known as "The Army / Navy Game".
- Cornchip Girl's first name is revealed to be Theresa.
- After the 9/11 attacks, this episode and the episode paired with it, "Big Ol' Mikey", did not air in reruns for the remainder of 2001. This was due to the later episode having scenes of buildings being destroyed. While this episode had no similar content, it could not fill a thirty-minute timeslot on its' own, so it was also pulled for a while. The episode was added back to the rerun rotation in 2002.
- Gus and Cornchip Girl have a similar family background. They have a father that works in a important job that has them wear uniforms and their children are kind and gentle.
- This is the first time Gretchen's voice changing device is used; it will be used again in Recess: School's Out.
- This is the third time Gus has stand up to a bully; the first two times were Gelman in "Gus' Last Stand" and "Gus' Fortune".
- The episode is a little bit similar to William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet.
- This episode is "Lost" from the Latin American dub.
- This episode was paired up with "Beyond a Reasonable Scout" outside the US.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Cornchip Girl - Aria Noelle Curzon
- Clyde Fillmore - Ryan O'Donohue
- Gus' Dad/Voice Changer - Sam McMurray
- Cornchip Girl's Dad - Clancy Brown
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.