T.J. finds out about the first Señor Fusion movie and vows to see the first show as a school field trip. The rest of the gang help by convincing several teachers of the benefits of seeing the movie (and for the art teacher, the theater building), ending up against Principal Prickly, who is also a major fan.
However, T.J. loses on a technicality, because he pronounced the name wrong. But after T.J. calls him out on this underhanded tactic, Prickly then decided to say T.J. won. The next day, Lawson buys his ticket to see the movie, but he is soon lead out of the theater by Miss Finster, because he made an excuse about a family reunion. He is given detention for the rest of the year.
- Coloring/continuity error: When T.J. informs the gang about the movie, Vince's lips briefly turn lighter.
- Animation/continuity error: T.J. drops his bike to face the large cardboard cutout of Señor Fusion. In the next scene, his bike completely disappears from the episode. Afterwards, he goes away by walking on foot.
- This episode, along with "The Big Prank", were the first episodes of the show to debut on Disney's One Too, which aired on UPN. New episodes would debut on UPN until the start of the fifth season, where new episodes would only be broadcast on ABC.
- This episode's title is an allusion to the 1971 drama film, The Last Picture Show.
- This episode was paired up with "Gus' Fortune" outside the US.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Erwin Lawson - Erik von Detten
- Coach Kloogey - Paul Willson
- Mr. Dunn - Gregg Berger
- Señor Fusion/Man - Frank Welker