- Coloring error: While the gang is in the front of the library doors and T.J. reminds them to hurry up, Gretchen's lips are dark. They return to normal color as soon as she moves.
- Continuity error: When Library Kid is shown entering Kindergarten (September 1993), the same kindergartners from the show's main timeline (1997) are shown inside the Kindergarten room.
- Coloring error: When Library Kid is telling the kids of her origins, Vince's t-shirt is dark grey and the stripes are light gray.
- Coloring error: When the gang and the Library Kid arrive on the playground, T.J. is paler than usual.
- Coloring error: When Gretchen pulls the fire alarm, T.J.'s jacket is mint green instead of green-grey.
- Coloring error: When Gus and Mikey are first shown reading their books, the books are blue. When Gretchen tells them that they need to stop Library Kid, Gus' book is red.
- Animation error: When Gretchen pulls the fire alarm and everybody rushes out, the flagpole on which the Library Kid was swinging is nowhere to be seen in the front of the school.
- Animation error: When the Library Kid thinks that "it is quite steep" before Spinelli pushes her to slide on the slide, Spinelli's nose is not drawn completely.
- Animation error: When Spinelli told the Library Kid that "there are rules," her eyebrows are thicker than usual.
- Vince reads a book of baseball trivia and refers to Babe Ruth by one of his nicknames, The Sultan of Swat. He also mentions that "Shoeless Joe wore shoes", referring to baseball player Joseph Jefferson Jackson, more commonly known as Shoeless Joe Jackson.
- It would be impossible for The Library Kid to stay in the library all day long, as she would have had to attend classes as well.
- This is one of only six episodes of the television show Recess that were directed by both Sheetz and Parkins, the two prominent directors of the series.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Library Kid.
- This is Christine Cavanaugh's final episode of Recess.
- This was the final episode by Toon City to use traditional cels for coloring.
- This episode was cut from the Italian dub.
- This episode was paired up with "Yope from Norway" outside the US.
- There are a couple of notable literary references in the final moments of the episode. Spinelli becomes involved in reading a copy of The Brothers Karamazov (and even gives a lengthy book report about it at the end), T.J. becomes involved in reading a copy of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Gus & Mikey become involved in reading a book by notable poet & musician Rod McKuen.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler/Kid #1 - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Library Kid - Christine Cavanaugh
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.