T.J. gets a black eye and the kids in the playground treat him like a hero by making false assumptions.
- Animation error: When Butch sees T.J. right after getting his black eye, the streak in his hair is missing.
- Animation/continuity error: When The Ashleys hear about the black eye, they run in pairs to tell others. Ashley T. and Ashley B. run together in one direction while Ashley A. and Ashley Q. run together in another. After the perspective changes to aerial view, Ashley Q. is missing; Ashley T. and Ashley B. are far apart from each other.
- Animation error: When Gus is shocked to see Gelman coming, his watch is drawn incorrectly (sideways). This is visible while Gus is saying "I just knew it!".
- Animation error: While Vince is trying to calm Gus down by saying "don't worry Gus!", he shakes his hands and one of his hands appear in front of Gus for a frame, despite being farther away.
- Animation/consistency error: When Gus is shocked to see Gelman coming, there are more wooden tables beside Gus. When the perspective changes to show Vince talking, there is another wooden table behind Vince. After T.J. gets up, they are beside a metal serving table instead. Afterwards, T.J. hesitates to take the cookies, then, the wooden tables reappear behind him again. Finally, when the perspective changes to an aerial view, it's shown that they were sitting on the last wooden table.
- Animation/continuity error: While T.J. is getting up from the table to talk to Gelman, Spinelli, Gus, and Mikey disappear from the table. After Gelman shows the cookies, they reappear yelling "cookies!". Afterwards, T.J. accepts being a hero and the perspective changes to an aerial view, Spinelli is missing from the table again.
- Animation/consistency error: While Gelman is talking to T.J., the freckles on Gelman's face lack consistency, causing them to vary in quantity and positioning.
- Animation/continuity error: When T.J. is invited to sit on the armchair beside King Bob, there is a servant with balloons beside the armchair. Later, the servant and the balloons disappear while T.J. is receiving gifts. After T.J. tells the story and everyone laughs, the servant and the balloons reappear.
- The music playing in T.J.'s parents' car is the same music played over the phone in "The Story of Whomps" when Principal Prickly calls the Board of Education.
- According to this episode, T.J. is part of a youth group his parents signed him up for, and Butch is in the same group.
- This is the first time T.J. gets a black eye; "Prince Randall" will be the next.
- This is the first episode where T.J. is shown wearing a bathing suit (And the only time he is shown wearing his red swim trunks); he will wear one again in "Lax", an episode of Lilo & Stitch: The Series, however, it will be a different one.
- This is the first episode where Justin Jon Ross voices Cryer Kid.
- This episode was paired up with "Stand Up Randall" outside the US.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Randall Weems/Dave - Ryan O'Donohue
- Guru Kid/Cryer Kid - Justin Jon Ross
- Sam/Kid #2 - Klee Bragger
- King Bob - Toran Caudell
- Cornchip Girl - Aria Noelle Curzon
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Hustler Kid/Kid #2 - Michael Shulman
- Jordan - Patrick Renna
- Gelman - Justin Shenkarow
- Lunchlady Irma - Tress MacNeille
- Ellie Detweiler - April Winchell
- Samuel "Sam" Detweiler/Coach Kloogey - Paul Willson
- Kid #1/Kid #3 - E.G. Daily
- Tracey/Kid #4/Kid #5 - Kath Soucie
- Singer - Jess Harnell
- Abraham Lincoln chip - Frank Welker
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.